Business Continuity Planning (BCP) is best described as the planning and preparation that will keep your business afloat during any operational emergency. Business owners need to plan for the threats and risks their company faces, and implement safeguards to protect the business in case of disaster.
Registered members have access to a free Business Continuity Planning (BCP) kit, ebooks and webinars created with our partner Inoni and, for more complicated cases, we provide a BCP service at a special discounted rate.
Although you know the risks (flooding, cyber-attack, terrorism to name a few), the effects these have on you are often unique to your business. There is no standard response. Your business is complex with many highly interconnected and synchronised components known only to you, so rebuilding it (whilst continuing to operate) is rarely easy or straightforward, even with help.
- Business Continuity Planning helps your business survive a major disruptive event
- Insurance doesn’t cover all aspects of Business Continuity risk, since it can’t cover any issues arising from a slow response
- Build timescales to ensure your IT gets back on track as quickly as possible in case of major disruption
- Coordinate emergency response with your business recovery at the same time in case of a dangerous event such as fire or flood
- In case of damage or destruction to infrastructure, your facilities managers will have a plan in place to either relocate or rebuild quickly
- Finally, getting up and running again soon after an sends a powerful messages to your customers, reassuring them that they will never be left uncertain or under-supplied if the business suffers disruption
Why is this useful?
Any business could face an unexpected, significant event that has the potential to put them out of business. By putting together a plan you are ensuring that should the worst happen, you know exactly who is responsible for what and there is no panic as to how you will cope.
Putting together a plan can seem daunting, but this kit helps to break it into manageable chunks and, if you are feeling overwhelmed, Inoni are offering exclusive discounts on BCP software and services to guide you through the process and make it even simpler.
Read about how we implemented our Business Continuity Plan when our offices flooded.