☎ Call 020 3883 7976 Mon - Fri 9am to 5:30pm
GET A QUOTE ONLINE 020 3883 7976

Shop Insurance


Shop Insurance packages cover your trading risks for a standard retail business that has no manufacturing on-site.Coverage includes your trade contents, stock, shop front, business interruption and money as well as your Employer’s Liability, for which you will need to provide your ERN or PAYE number (read more here), Public and Products Liability (the legal requirements).

Cover can be extended to provide additional protection, for instance adding cover for the buildings you trade from, if required.

Who needs Shop Insurance?

All businesses that trade from a shop or retail unit. This would include pop up shops but not necessarily include online shops that store goods at home.

If you manufacture or craft goods in the same building that functions as a shop you will be more likely to need a Commercial Combined policy. If you sell food or other perishables you would still suit a Shop Policy unless they are made on-site.

What does it cover?

Accidental Damage and the full range of insured perils, including subsidence and flood cover is usually provided by a Shop policy.

It provides cover for your trade contents, stock, shop front, business interruption and money as well as your Employers, Public and Products Liability.

Buildings if required.

What else might you need?

  • Engineering Inspection
  • Directors and Officers

Other things to consider

Consider how your Shop Security may impact on your premiums- many insurers will reduce your premium if you can meet certain security requirements. Read more about Shop Security.

All Shop cover is subject to the underwriting criteria, terms and conditions of the insurers. Please contact our team for further details and to discuss your requirements.

Need help? Give us a call on 020 3883 7976