☎ CALL 020 3883 7976 MON - FRI 9AM TO 5:30PM
GET A QUOTE ONLINE 020 3883 7976



Motor traders come in many forms, so it is important to have coverage that matches your individual business requirements, whether you trade from home or separate business premises.

Coverage for your property, business interruption and legal liabilities, as well as your motor insurance requirements can be arranged through our online quote to buy and by calling us for advice.

Who needs Motor Trade Insurance?

Anybody who has a business in the Motor Trade sector. This is defined as any business involved in the buying and/or selling of motor vehicles, supply of spare parts and the repair of vehicles.

What does it cover?

As with a Commercial Combined, Motor Trade policies can be tailor made to provide specific elements that are required for your business, within a single policy.

Common sections of cover include Material Damage (including theft cover), Business Interruption, Money, Employers Liability, Public Liability, Service Indemnity and Road Risks.

We are able to offer a specific Motor Trade Scheme created for FSB Members who operate from a business premises. You can read more about it here.

What else might you need?

  • Directors and Officers
  • Engineering Inspection
  • Employer’s Liability, for which you will need to provide your ERN or PAYE number (read more here)

Other things to consider

If you use a car in any public space it is a legal requirement to hold third party motor insurance and this can be built into the policy if you don’t hold a separate policy.

All Motor Trade cover is subject to the underwriting criteria, terms and conditions of the insurers. Please contact our team for further details and to discuss your requirements.

Need help? Give us a call on 020 3883 7976